Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Admit One

My girls and I get to the movies every so often and I always try to keep the ticket stubs.  Do any of you do that?  Is that weird?  Anyway, I found this cute idea on Pinterest HERE but when I went to the site, there weren't any directions.  I LOVE figuring out how something is made and putting my own twist on it.  So, this was a fun challenge for me!

I always try to have frames on hand because they are so versatile and you never know when you're going to need one.  I have found some great ones at the Dollar Store over the years.  And, I just happened to have a 5" x 7" shadowbox from there.  I thought it would be perfect for my movie tickets.


This is my completed project.  I LOVE IT!  Now my wallet is void of all those random movie tickets and they are out where we can see them and reminisce on our movie adventures.


This is how it looked before I started.


I sanded all of the edges of the frame.



Then, I added Basic Grey and Soft Suede Stampin' Up! ink in layers with a sponge and also, directly swiped the ink pad on the frame in places.


I attached the background paper (retired Stampin' Up! background paper) to the inside of the back piece of the frame with glue dots.  Then, I made my *admit one* tag and used my Crop-a-dile, punching overlapping holes, to make a slit along the top.  I had to make sure it was wide enough for me to slip the tickets through.


Ignore the upside down *admit one*.  I boo boo'd and flipped it over and stamped the one I used on the other side.  I just wanted to show you how I attached the pieces of Dimensionals.  I attached it to the background paper so that the dimensionals would sit above the slit.  Does double duty, covers the unsightly opening and gives it a little dimension.



Here it is all distressed and almost done. 


Of course, I had to add a scrunched flower and don't forget the ticket stubs!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...