Thursday, October 25, 2012

Aluminum Foil Technique

As I was looking for a technique for my Technique Tuesday class, I saw many cards made with metal.  I loved the look but didn't have any metal sheets but I did have heavy duty aluminum foil which I thought would make a great substitute!  Of course it isn't as stiff as metal so you'll need to be careful with it but the look is right on!





For this card, I ran a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil through the Big Shot with the "Top Note" Die then ran it through again in the Vintage Wallpaper folder.  Then, with a sponge, I swirled Basic Black ink over the foil.  The more ink, the darker which gives it a great worn or patina look.  Then, I added a flower I made with the Rich Razzleberry paper, bow from the Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon and a sentiment from the Sweet Essentials stamp set.



This one was even easier!  I distressed the edges of Baja Breeze and Whisper White card stock and layered them.  Then, I cut a snowflake from the Snowflake #2 Sizzix die (retired).  Then, tied some twine and made a bow so that when you are putting it in an envelope, it runs along the twine and not the foil.  I added a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  This set has a sentiment for practically every occasion you can think of!

(Forgot to mention that I just glued the foil to the card stock on both cards with the Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue, LOVE IT!!!)

Have fun with this technique!  Would love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...