Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall Rosette Pumpkin

Saw this cute idea on Pinterest and just had to recreate it with Stampin' Up! product.  Takes a little bit of time, not one of my quick and easy projects but so worth the time!  These would be fun place settings for Thanksgiving.



I've found that if you are making the same scoring lines for different pieces, it's easiest to score one big piece and cut it into the strips needed. 

Start with an 8" x 12" piece of background paper (I used the Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper #126902) and score at every 1/4" along the 12" side.  The Simply Scored Scoring Tool makes this part sooo easy! (#122334)


Then, cut it into the strips needed:  one @ 1"x12", two @ 1 1/4"x12" and three @ 1 1/2"x12".  You will end up with these 6 strips.


Fold them all accordion style.


Place sticky strip at one end on all 6 strips.  Then, attach the last accordion end with the sticky strip to the accordion at the other end.  It will make a circle as shown above.


Punch a circle (I used a 1" punch) for the top and bottom of each rosette, except for the top of the 1" strip rosette.  You will want to punch a circle from the same paper you are using for your pumpkin.  You can either use a large glue dot or a glue gun (what I used) to attach your punched circles to your rosettes.

To make your rosette, you will need both hands to push down what will be the center and squish it together, to keep it together, and place the punched circle, with glue, down on top of your rosette, while still scrunching it together.  As you can tell, I'm not the best at explaining this but I'm sure there are tons of videos on YouTube that can show you how. 


Now you can attach the other punched circle to the bottom.


It helps to have the punched circles attached flat so that when you are putting your pumpkin together, it's not lopsided.


I cut some strips of Soft Suede card stock to make the stem and the curly Q.  I just wrapped the thinner 1/4" piece around the end of my paper piercer and for the stem, I scrunched up a 1/2" strip then rolled it up tight and stretched it out.  I eyeballed how tall I wanted it to be.  I then ripped some leaf shapes from Lucky Limeade card stock and folded them in half to resemble leaves.


Unfortunately, I didn't take a pic of the pumpkin without the stem & leaves but here's how you put it together.  Start with one of the 1 1/4" strip rosettes (you can't see it in this pic), it will be the bottom piece, then glue the three 1 1/2" strip rosettes on top of that, then the other 1 1/4" strip rosette and the 1" strip rosette will go on the top.


I then hot glued everything into place and made a tag that I wrote *fall* on with the Soft Suede marker and sponged the edges with the same color ink.  I tied the tag to the pumpkin with Linen Thread #104199.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...