Thursday, July 26, 2012

Poppin' Pastels, Baby


Wanna learn this fun technique?  Are your pastels/chalks buried underneath a pile of other crafting stuff?  Well, today you will want to dig them out and play!  All you need is Versamark, pastels/chalks and of course, a rubber stamp!

Here are the cards we created in the last Technique Tuesday class using this awesome technique.






For this card, I stamped the frame, from the *Papaya Collage* stamp set, in Versamark on Very Vanilla cardstock.  Let it dry for about 5 minutes (you can start assembling other parts of the card while you are waiting).  Then, I used a cotton ball and used it to *color* with the Early Espresso chalk.  Just swirl the cotton ball on the chalk then swirl it on your stamped image.  The more times you do that, the darker it will get.  I swirled it because I wanted to give it a soft but distressed look.  You might be able to see in the pics that I swirled the chalk inside the frame and on the outside, too.




For this card, you will notice the colors are more intense.  To create this look, I again stamped my image all over the Whisper White layer with Versamark.  The flower I used is from the *Papaya Collage* stamp set, too.  (Can you tell I love this set? :o)  You might have to tip your paper so the light can shine on it, to see where you have stamped already, then, just fill in the empty spaces.  Again, let it dry for about 5 minutes.  This time I used a Qtip and used smaller swirl motions.  Then, to fill in the white space in between the flowers, I used a cotton ball swirled in the same *Tangerine Tango* chalk that I used for the flowers and swirled it where ever I wanted the soft color added.

Hope you have fun with this technique!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...