Thursday, September 27, 2012

Merry Time

At the last Technique Tuesday class, we learned how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I had to dig it out and dust it off because I NEVER use it.  I'm fine when my stuff doesn't line up, in fact I do it on purpose just to get the point across but there are others out there that prefer to have their letters, images, etc... line up.  So, I thought it would be fun to show them that they don't have to *Try* to line everything up, and maybe mess up and have to start over, they can actually do it the first time and be on their way.

Well, in the years that my lonely Stamp-a-ma-jig wasn't being used, the plastic sheet has been misplaced so I used vellum card stock instead.   If you are using wood stamp sets, this is better anyway, in my opinion.  Because you can just slip the vellum in with the stamp set when you're done and re-use it the next time you use the set.  Brilliant!

For this card, we lined up the letters of the word Merry using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. 






You might have noticed that Banners are all the rage right now so I thought they would be perfect for a Christmas card! I also jazzed up the white background with the Chevron Folder and the Big Shot.  Added some twine and pearls and wha-la, a Cheery Holiday card!

Just wanted to give you a couple tips for the Halloween Cello Bag Treat I posted the other day.  Yes, it's possible to stamp on plastic!  All you have to do is use Stazon ink!  It stamps on almost anything! What a wonderful invention!  Be sure to give it a try!




It is a little slippery on slick surfaces but just take care when you are pressing down on the stamp.  And, give it a minute to dry.


To attach ribbon to the top of the cello bag, you can tie the ribbon around it, punch a hole and run the ribbon through but I've found it's quick and cute to just staple it!  You can even use the color staples to add a little more bling.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...