Friday, September 28, 2012

Freaky Friday Week #6

I'm so excited for you to see the card I created for this weeks Halloween project!  I made it last week and could hardly wait 'til this week to post it!





Can you believe a bunch of punches could create such a creepy card? 

Want to know how?  Here goes:  I used the 3/4" circle punch for the baja blue part of the eyes.  The circle punch I used for the black part is from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack.  And, the white part of the eyes are from the 1", 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" circle punches, which I sponged basic black around the edges and added the small white part with the gel pen. 

The black mouth is the Word Window punch and the teeth were cut off from the Petite Pennants Builder punch.  I added a little surprise by stamping Happy Halloween from the Toxic Treats stamp set on a scrap of white.  I glued the mouth (one with teeth) to the top end of the white and then punched another one to glue to the back of it to make it a little thicker and stronger.  I laid the white piece on the green where I wanted the mouth to be and with a pencil, traced it so I would know where and how long to cut with an exacto knife.  Then, I slipped the white piece through the cut and glued 2 more window punches (one on top and one on the bottom of the white) to the opposite end so that when the mouth and saying are pulled out, it wouldn't pull all the way out and it gave it a little more support.  But, you could always just glue the mouth to the green layer and be done.  It's really whatever you prefer or have the time or patience for.

I also wanted to share some pics and the recipe for some delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies.  My husband has been asking for cookies all week and I happened upon this recipe that is supposed to be like Mrs. Fields Cookies.  I love her cookies so I couldn't wait to give it a try.  Well, today was the day and here they are.  They are not exactly like hers but they are definitely delish! 


 
 
  You can find the recipe here:  Top Secret Recipes  You should give them a try when you get a chance!
 
Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your Freaky Friday eyeball card! Super cute! I'm going to have to make one to send to my nephews. They will get a kick out of it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked this card Deena! Hope your nephews enjoy it! Thx for leaving a comment! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...